Search

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Erase Your Face

There are a ton of options for removing your makeup at the end of the day. From wipes to oils to cold cream, the methods are endless.

As someone with sensitive skin, I’ve found that most chemical removers are too harsh. They leave my skin red and blotchy, not to mention dry. They were fine in high school, but as an adult, my skin can no longer tolerate the chemicals. My new mission became finding a makeup removal option that didn’t irritate my skin.

First I tried oils. Not only is my skin sensitive, but it is also a combination of oily and dry. The oils did not mix well with my pores and resulted in a breakout.

Cold cream has been an option for generations. My mother and grandmother used it. I busted out the tub of Nivea and went to town. It got the job done, but the heavy amount of cream that soaked into my skin made it feel very heavy.

Eventually, I found the Erase Your Face cloths. These cloths are 100% polyester and are reusable. After you use them, you just throw them into the washing machine and they are supposed to come out like new. They’re also designed to be used on sensitive skin since all you need to add is water.

I figured I’d give them a shot. After several months of use, I found the following:

Pros:

1 – My skin loves them. They are soft enough that there isn’t any irritation but still remove all the makeup.

2 – They are easy to clean. I throw them in the same load of laundry with the bath towels and they come out soft and fluffy every time.

3 – They seemed reasonably priced at the time. After the amount of use I’ve gotten out of them, they have paid for themselves ten times over.

4 - There are four in a package, so I don't run out during the week. 

5 - Since they are reusable, there is no waste. 

6 - You don't need to use chemicals.

Cons:

1 – After about five or six months they stop washing completely clean. While they do wash well – without any pilling – the cloths start to hold onto marks from foundation.


Erase Your Face cloths are available here.

Have you tried a product you want to share? Let us know in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment